Monday, March 7, 2011

How To Stay Motivated: Your Workouts

Every Monday, for months now, I've been writing up a fitness post. Some days it's about weight loss, about my weekly goals, while other days I actually try to share some news. Today, it's about motivation and what I've learned along the way.

1. Being A Buddy:
I always chat with strangers, you never know who you might meet or what new bond you might build. That being said, you hop on a treadmill next to me, I'll 99% of the time wish you a, "good morning!" And if I drift in next to you to apply makeup after my workout in the dressing room, I'm almost certain we'll start up a small chat. And that's where I met Heather. We had chatted a few times and then last week she invited me to a spin and weight training class. 5:30 a.m. classes that is. :)
I decided to give it a go. With Spring approaching I really needed something to boost my workouts and really get me back into things. And, it just so happened when I mentioned I'd be going to spin class, another friend of mine, whom I've worked out with before, decided to join me as well.
There is nothing better than a work out partner, except for on those days you'd rather work out alone {as a mom, I sometimes cherish my alone times}.

2. Writing It Down: 
Heather, as I mentioned before, is full of great ideas. She explained to me how she uses a calender to record her success and that each day she works out, she gets a sticker, and after a certain amount of stickers, she gets a new...{fill in the blank here}. What an awesome idea!!!!
And, I agree, if you write it down, you're more likely to stick with it. So, I did. I have Monday - Wednesday documented for the month. These three days I'll be at the gym, bright and early. The other two days, well, I need more help on those. Any suggestions?? I'll have Maddie with me before and after work on those days so make sure it's kid friendly.

3. Connecting To Others:
I've also come across some great fitness
blogs . It seems when we surround ourselves by a group of people, we tend to follow along in that group. So, decide who you want to follow/lead and surround yourself with those people...pretty simple.

So, what about You? What motivates You to keep pushing along and moving through??


 
Like this post? Vote for me!
 
 
Post a Comment